Children and Divorce
Sign up for our FREE Coaching Program now:
Sign-Up for FREE now:
And start working to get:
- a positive and thriving live for you and for your children
- a healthy happy family again
- a conflict-free relationship with your Ex
- parenting cooperation from your Ex
- maximal result with minimal legal expenses
- enjoyable birthdays, graduations and weddings of your children
By signing up, you will receive each week insights, ideas, tools, tips and exercises how to create a positive mindset and a stimulating environment in which you and your children will thrive after your divorce. The program is offered to you in 12 digestable parts.
Children and Divorce Coaching Program Contents:
Week 1 - A Positive State of Mind
Your life has changed and now you have to deal with your new reality. With a positive mind set, it will be much easier. You will learn why and how you can achieve just that.
Week 2 - Your Key Focus Points For The Children
In this lesson we discuss: The physical environment, The mental environment and 4 key elements of focus: time; structure, stimulation and protection
Week 3 - Erikson's 8 Child Development Stages and the impact of divorce.
Understand the consequences of your actions and attitudes on their lives at each stage. How to recognize a healthy development? Understand the critical issues at each stage and learn how you can help your children developing in the right direction.
Week 4 - Practical Guidance
How to practically manage the children's emotional and physical changes: how to tell them, conversations, daily care taking, routines, friends and family and work
Week 5 - Your Stand As Parent
Where do you stand as a parent and when? Before your child, aside, behind or nowhere?
Week 6 - Taking Care of Yourself
Facing reality. Dealing with failure and being a good parent starts from within.
Week 7 - How to Correct Unwanted Behavior
Punishing versus teaching lessons.
Week 8 - New Partners
How to embrace the stepparents?
Week 9 - Legal affairs
Why should you aim to keep the family out of courts?
Week 10 - Money
How to agree on dividing posessions and income? What are the perspectives of the leavee and the leaver? Start looking beyond the accepted norm of your country and focus on the children instead.
Week 11 - How to heal the pain -Principles
Put more into your life, to get more out of it. The 5 main principles withholding your personal change and that of your children will be explained.
Week 12 - How to heal the pain - Tools
Put more into your life to get more out of if. Tools that will help you and your children embracing change.
Children and Divorce.com Disclaimer: the information in this program does not provide any legal advice. If you are unsure about legal or other decisions to be taken, please consult a local professional on beforehand.
Are you a divorced parent or a parent planning for a divorce? If yes, Children and Divorce is a place to be. We collect and update all the relevant topics, resources, stories and insights for you.
A Happy Future for You and Your Children is a Choice
A lot of books, web sites, counselors, psychologists, support centers and lawyers involved in Children and Divorce write and preach about everything that can go wrong. They highlight the possible negative outcomes of divorce on children, like under performance at school, poorer social skills or even depression.
However, only a minority of the children of divorce suffer from the negative effects.
Do these specialists and resources contribute to preventing or solving these problems? Or do they create problems that actually do not exist? Do you and your children really need help from professionals?
Does the divorce cause the problems or is it something else?
Of course, your divorce does hurt your children emotionally. They will feel pain. You will feel emotional pain. The divorce will hurt your feelings and it will undermine your and your children’s self esteem. But the pain will disappear. The memories will stay. That is all very natural.
There are common beliefs about divorce like: Divorce is bad. Life after a divorce becomes more difficult for you and for your children. The divorce has negative consequences for your children. You and your children will have to “cope” with the new situation. The future perspectives for your children are negatively affected.
Indeed, statistics show that children of divorce do worse at school and in university, have more difficulties to involve in social relationships and have higher divorce rates themselves. But those are just statistics, averages that do not apply to everybody.
Fortunately, there are also many examples of children that thrive after the divorce. Those divorced parents did not accept this mediocre perspective. They chose differently. They aimed for a happy, bright and thriving future for their children and for themselves after the divorce. They took action. With or without professional help. And they succeeded.
You can take the Future in Your Own Hands
Did you consider?
- to continue to suffer OR to let it go
- to continue fighting with your ex OR to focus on the future of your children
- to keep complaining about everything you loose OR to accept your new situation and move on
- to stay in touch with friends and family that keep on nagging about your ex OR to take distance from those who influence you negatively
- to keep on blaming your ex in front of your children OR to show them a positive attitude instead
- to spoil your energy and money in court OR to cooperate with your ex for the benefit of your children
- to make your children choose between one of you OR to allow them to have the 2 parents they deserve
The choices are up to you
If you want to start right away and learn how to:
- stop taking risks with the lives of your children
- start rebuilding a healthy family again
- stop fighting over the children
- make your ex co-operate
- keep your legal expenses at a minimum
- stop your ex to poison your children with bad habits
- enjoy the big happenings of your children - graduations, weddings, birthdays
Children-and-Divorce.com helps you to find your way by providing relevant information about Children and Divorce.
The most important Children and Divorce topics are:
- Did you everything to stay together?
- How and what do you tell the children?
- How to limit the negative effects of divorce on children?
- Your emotions, communication, collaboration
- Filing for the divorce
- Legal matters, divorce lawyers, mediators
- Financial matters and child support
- Child custody
- Children with disabilities
Furthermore, you can find information about and links to:
- self help
- support groups
- legal matters
- and more
There are valuable books and very good professionals out there to support you and your children on the journey to success.
The divorce lawyer asked the couple: “why do you want to divorce after being married for 65 years?” “We agreed to wait until the children died”, the man answered.